Financial service providers are faced with strict regulatory, compliance and corporate governance requirements which are prescribed by the laws and regulations of the jurisdictions from which they operate. As such, they must ensure that solid policies and procedures are implemented to meet mandatory regulatory and AML / CTF requirements.
Intertrust Cayman’s Compliance Advisory Services Team is headed by the Compliance Director, a former Financial Regulator with over 25 years of experience in the financial industry. The team provides compliance advisory services to clients that not only want to ensure that the requirements of local laws and regulations are met, but who may also be seeking guidance on best practises and what a Regulator will expect upon an inspection.
Our core Compliance Advisory services include:
- Development and review of Regulatory and AML / CTF policies and procedures including Compliance Manuals, ensuring that the requirements prescribed by laws and regulations of the jurisdiction are being adequately met
- Independent testing of compliance program (which includes transactional testing and suggested remediation)
- Examination readiness review
- Providing the role of Money Laundering Compliance Officer as required by the AML / CTF laws and regulations of various jurisdictions
- Providing regular updates on the changes to the various regimes and potential impacts of amended regulatory / legislative changes
- Initial and refresher AML / CTF Training
Board Support Services
Intertrust Cayman delivers board support services that promote efficient board meetings and best practices in business management. Our bespoke solutions ensure meetings run smoothly and that Directors are up-to-date on their obligations.
- Coordinate logistical arrangements
- Prepare agenda, board packs, and provide administrative support
- Act as Company Secretary at board meetings, including preparing detailed minutes and ad-hoc resolutions
- Manage post-meeting actions as required
- Virtual Boardroom – secure anytime/anywhere web-based access to all meeting materials
Shareholder Support Services
Intertrust Cayman provides shareholder support services that promote organised and efficient shareholder meetings. Companies and their shareholders can focus on important tasks and issues without worrying about critical administrative responsibilities.
- Prepare all documents, including notices of meetings, resolutions, proxy forms, polling cards, Chairman’s script and meeting minutes
- Collate proxies and deliver proxy analysis
- Ensure quorum through follow-up with individual shareholders
- Co-ordinate poll procedure and provide poll certificates
- File resolutions with appropriate governmental agencies
'Health Check' Audits
With a global team of experienced Attorneys, Chartered Secretaries and Corporate Administrators, we can conduct a comprehensive review of corporate records to ensure that client entities are compliant and in good standing, in accordance with local requirements.
For in-house company secretarial support, Intertrust Cayman can provide client secondments on a project, or long-term basis.
Intertrust Cayman is a leading provider of offshore corporate services, consistently delivering value to our clients through our specialised team in the Cayman Islands and dedicated satellite teams in Dubai and Hong Kong. Our clients range from large financial institutions, including many of the largest global private equity, hedge funds and banking groups, to high net worth individuals.
- Company incorporations
- Partnership registrations
- Foreign company registrations
- Provision of registered office facilities
- Payment of annual government and regulatory fees
- Preparation and filing of annual returns
- Maintenance of statutory registers and corporate records
- Certification of corporate records
- Liaison with government and regulatory bodies
Liquidation and Dissolution Services
- Fund de-registrations
- Strike off of inactive companies
- Voluntary liquidations
- Partnership dissolutions
- Foreign company cessations
Representative Banking Services
- Provision of authorised agent for Class B banks
- Liaison with government and regulatory bodies
Intertrust Cayman provides fund administration and registrar and transfer agency services to funds with net assets in the region of USD 3 billion and specialises across a diverse range of investments in virtually all mainstream structures and strategies, namely:
- Funds of funds
- Single manager funds
- Multi-strategy funds
- Master feeder structures
- Unit trusts
- Segregated portfolio companies
- Special purpose vehicles
- Private equity funds
Intertrust Cayman has access to independent pricing sources, extensive knowledge of US GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards, and a comprehensive internal monitoring programme which is continually reviewed.
Intertrust Cayman’s regulated funds team was established to provide fiduciary and governance services to the full range of regulated investment fund structures. With our experienced staff and commitment to service, we are able to maintain the highest quality of service to meet the operational, legal and regulatory requirements of running a regulated Fund including:
- Provision of Directors
- Acting as Trustee for investment trusts
- Acting as General or Administrative partner for a limited partnership
- Consultation on set-up and structure of offshore investment vehicles
Intertrust Cayman provides client focused solutions to meet the needs of both onshore and offshore investment managers.
Intertrust Cayman’s SPV team provides the director and administrative services necessary to create, operate and liquidate special purpose vehicles, holding companies and private equity structures.
Our team have extensive legal, accounting, investment banking, private equity, and structured and asset finance experience and can work with any law firm to deliver a seamless integration of management, administration and legal services supporting:
- Asset Finance
- Private Equity Structures
- Islamic Investment Structures
- Collateralised Loan Obligations
- Medium Term Notes
- Holding companies
- Diversified Payment Rights
- Finance Conduits
- Escrow Services
Intertrust Cayman provides trust services in relation to the formation and ongoing administration of discretionary and non-discretionary trust structures designed to provide flexible solutions to achieve a range of financial objectives. These include:
- Private family trusts
- Commercial trusts
- Charitable and Non-Charitable Purpose Trusts (STAR Trusts)
- Private Trust Companies
- Administration of fully licensed and restricted licensed trust companies
- Nominee shareholder services